Dallas Marketing, Events and Partnership Position
PaperCity magazine is seeking a skilled marketing, events and partnerships professional to join its Dallas team. (Title determined based on level of experience.) This professional will report to the Dallas Publisher and Dallas Editor in Chief and will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and execution of targeted marketing campaigns, events and sponsorships that lead to an increase in brand strength and partner awareness.
- Work to further monetize current brand events and strategize new events
- Develop marketing materials and proposal creation for ad department (a lot of this is done out of Houston).
- Manage charity sponsorships and encourage advertising buys
- Draft sponsorship contracts (advertising and editorial outlined by Dallas Publisher and Dallas Editor in Chief)
- Develop PaperCity branding events and maximize PaperCity brand exposure at all events PaperCity is involved in
- Attend as many client events as possible on behalf of PaperCity, as well as other charity events
- Plan events and secure trade as needed for PC sponsored events (photographer, DJ, catering, liquor, invitations, venue, etc.)
- Manage PC deliverables once sponsorship contract is executed – keep track of sponsorship benefits- tickets, memberships cards, logo inclusions, program ads
- Organize magazine distribution with Distribution Manager for charity and client events
- Serve as local coordinator for PC brand events such as Design Awards, Texas Design Week, and others
- Jointly manage all day-to-day office operations with Dallas Publisher/Associate Publisher and Dallas Editor in Chief – administrative- internet, equipment for staff, building issues, etc.
- Oversee execution of book signings, including scheduling photographers and managing interns to work events
- Stay up to date on current marketing trends and brand events
- Maintain multiple internal databases (events, email lists, rsvp lists, etc.)
- Assist in additional duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field (Journalism, PR)
- 2+ years of marketing and/or event experience
- Detail oriented with strong deadline and communication skills
- Event planning skills, preferably events with a revenue-generating component
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel knowledge
- Average InDesign knowledge
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas Digital Writer
PaperCity magazine is looking for a full-time Dallas Digital Writer. You’ll be reporting to papercitymag.com’s revamped digital team and working for the fastest growing online media outlet in Texas. Top-notch writing and reporting skills are an absolute must. You’ll be writing multiple stories per day in a fast-paced environment. Social media experience, preferably in a frontline role, is a huge bonus. Candidates with food writing experience will have an additional edge.
The idea candidate will be:
- comfortable under deadline pressure
- adept at juggling multiple assignments
- eager to learn and curious
- willing to join an experienced digital group in a team-geared environment
- willing to share your content ideas
- social media savvy
Send a resume, at least five writing clips and three story ideas perfect for papercitymag.com to email@example.com
Interested in gaining hands-on experience at Texas’ most stylish publication?
PaperCity Magazine offers internship opportunities throughout the year (fall, spring and summer semesters) in our Houston and Dallas offices. Internships in our sales and editorial departments will give you vital professional know-how and insight into the fast-paced world of modern media.
Our editorial and sales teams are seeking driven individuals with strong writing and proofreading skills, a self-starter attitude and the ability to work effectively and independently. Editorial interns work closely on both the print and web sides of the magazine. Opportunities include pitching and possibly writing stories for the print and web publications, fact-checking articles, attending and reporting on local events, and more.
If applying for an editorial internship, please include at least two writing samples that are no more than 500 words.
As a photography intern, you will assist our editorial staff by capturing, sourcing, and gathering images for print and digital stories. One day you might be assigned to pull product from a store to photograph; another day, you might be asked to photograph a social event.
Photography candidates must submit a resume and link to his or her portfolio.
Sales/Marketing and Event Interns
PaperCity’s publishers and account executives rely on detail-oriented, self-motivated interns to help with various tasks on a regular basis. General responsibilities for sales/marking interns include assisting with competitor analysis, maintaining sales/marketing databases, supporting sales team with event coordination as needed (coordinating mailing lists, communicating with vendors, facilitating set-up), assisting with book signings co-hosted with interior design authors, supporting sales team on special section projects, and general office management duties.
Sales/marketing candidates must submit a resume.