PaperCity is seeking to hire a Houston-based advertising sales rep to sell print, digital, and custom sponsorship packages.
The ideal candidate has the ability to be a top producer with strong consultative sales skills. He or she is successful in building relationships, responding to RFP’s, educating and selling customers on advertising products, services, and benefits.
- Achieve monthly sales goals
- Perform all aspects of effective account management and sales processes including prospecting, cold calling, relationship building, presentations, responding to RFPs, closing deals, and contract review
- Create digital marketing and promotional programs for prospective advertisers. Draft proposals and work with marketing and the design team to develop effective digital advertising solutions and campaigns
- Provide excellent customer service all the time
- Gather competitive information and create prospect lists
Skills and Experience Required
- Some experience selling advertising preferred, but will train the right, motivated candidate
- Must be able to generate leads and close sales
- Strong relationships with local businesses and advertising agencies that align with PaperCity’s brand and readership is a plus
- A cold calling/emailing guru with the ability to effectively reach out to a high volume of potential prospects on a daily basis
- A competitive, self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit, with the aptitude to provide creative solutions for clients
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Must be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and the Google Suite beneficial
This is a full-time sales position based in Houston, TX.
Applicants should e-mail their resume and contact information with “Advertising Sales” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fort Worth, Dallas and Houston
PaperCity is always looking for experienced reporters and writers to freelance for us — and bolster our editorial team. Interested? Send a few links of your work and a story idea or two to email@example.com. Please specify which market or markets interest you the most.
Interested in gaining hands-on experience at Texas’ most stylish publication?
PaperCity offers internship opportunities throughout the year (fall, spring and summer semesters) in our Houston and Dallas offices. Internships in our sales and editorial departments will give you vital professional know-how and insight into the fast-paced world of modern media.
Our editorial and sales teams are seeking driven individuals with strong writing and proofreading skills, a self-starter attitude and the ability to work effectively and independently. Editorial interns work closely on both the print and web sides of the magazine. Opportunities include pitching and possibly writing stories for the print and web publications, fact-checking articles, attending and reporting on local events, and more.
If applying for an editorial internship, please include at least two writing samples that are no more than 500 words.
As a photography intern, you will assist our editorial staff by capturing, sourcing, and gathering images for print and digital stories. One day you might be assigned to pull product from a store to photograph; another day, you might be asked to photograph a social event.
Photography candidates must submit a resume and link to his or her portfolio.
Sales/Marketing and Event Interns
PaperCity’s publishers and account executives rely on detail-oriented, self-motivated interns to help with various tasks on a regular basis. General responsibilities for sales/marking interns include assisting with competitor analysis, maintaining sales/marketing databases, supporting sales team with event coordination as needed (coordinating mailing lists, communicating with vendors, facilitating set-up), assisting with book signings co-hosted with interior design authors, supporting sales team on special section projects, and general office management duties.
Sales/marketing candidates must submit a resume.