We’ll always be grateful for our mothers’ unwavering love and support — and, most likely, for passing down their chic sense of style. Although floral bouquets are always a staple (PC Tip: Grange Hall offers super-cool arrangements; call 214.443.0600 to place an order), for Mother’s Day this year — Sunday, May 14 — we’ve assembled a few items, including a luxe brunch and a fun fête, into a curated gift guide for the special leading lady in your life.
1. Available in several colors like cotton pink, cobalt, poppy red, and navy, this Tory Sport nylon jacket is parfait for a mom on the go. Folding easily into a small pouch, the jacket can be easily tossed into a tote bag on her way out the door. $150, at Tory Sport, NorthPark Center.
2. Pearls are timeless. Not only is this David Yurman Solari Pearl bracelet elegant, but 20 percent of its sales go towards the Best Buddies Organization’s contributions to creating opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. $950, at David Yurman boutique at NorthPark Center, Neiman Marcus.
4. With a place to keep matches and a strike zone, this bell’INVITO candle holder is both fashionable and functional. $289, at bell’INVITO, 147 Pittsburg St., 214.741.1717.
5. Hiatus Spa + Retreat‘s new massage and pedicure, aptly called the Mom 2.0, is a great way for mothers to relax and recharge. Hiatus Spa + Retreat, 5560 W. Lovers Lane, 214.352.4111.
6. On Thursday, May 11, 10 am to 4 pm, Today contributor and Draper James editor-in-chief Elizabeth Mayhew will be at the Highland Park Village boutique to help source the right gift for all Southern mothers. Also, students will receive 15 percent off, and anyone who spends more than $150 will receive a bouquet to take home. Draper James, 6 Highland Park Village, 214.780.0960.
7. Treat mom to a delicious three-course brunch at The Mansion Restaurant. The lineup includes lime yogurt panna cotta, French toast, Texas quail, pastrami Benedict, East Coast halibut, diver scallops, and Rouen duck, plus dessert: Nutella chocolate cake and raspberry jasmine crème brulee. $125 per person, $55 for 12 and under; The Mansion Restaurant, 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd.; reservations 214.443.4747.
8. Read Between the Lines offers witty cards for a heartfelt Mother’s Day note, with phrases like, “Everyone wishes you were their mom,” “Mom, you’re the bomb,” and “Marvelous Mamacita.” Additionally, the stationery and gift shop stocks art prints and planners, glassware and tote bags. Read Between the Lines, 2412 Victory Park Lane, 469.904.8034.