Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Contouring Compact, $108
Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer, $28
La Mer Reperative Body Sun Lotion, $100
Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturizer, $65
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Vail, $48
Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray, $32
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, $29.50
When we picture summertime glamour, visions of photographer Slim Aarons‘ famous candid prints come to mind — bronzed socialites gabbing by a turquoise pool in Palm Springs; jet-setters relaxing under colorful umbrellas in St. Tropez; and, with her light blonde hair pulled back into a low chignon, the fashionable C.Z. Guest lounging by her pool at Villa Artemis in Palm Beach.
What do each of these subjects share? A bronzed shimmer, rosy cheeks, and glowing skin. Here, we’ve compiled our favorite summer beauty products — spanning makeup, fragrance, and skincare — that emulate the socials of the ’60s and ’70s, who achieved effortless summer beauty that’s still idolized today.
1. Ideal for traveling, Tom Ford Beauty‘s Soleil Contouring Compact includes a bronzer, blush, and highlighter for a warm flush of color and radiant glow.
2. A nude lipstick is a must when going for a sun-kissed look. We love the Marc Jacobs Beauty Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer in the shade Pretty Thing 318.
3. A few spritzes of Chanel‘s fragrance Chance eau Tendre give you a vibrant, airy, and subtly fruity scent.
4. Formulated with SPF 30 and the brand’s nutrient-rich Miracle Broth, La Mer‘s Reparative Body Sun Lotion helps repair existing sun damage while preventing skin from further harm and leaving it super hydrated.
5. Kate Somerville‘s Nourish Daily Moisturizer improves skin’s texture, reduces the look of fine lines, and helps restore sensitive skin — all while providing excellent moisture.
6. Instead of using your normal powder blush, try a liquid blush base like the Nars Liquid Blush. Offered in three different shades, it can battle through Texas heat and keep cheeks looking pretty and flushed.
7. Another summer essential is, of course, bronzer. We’re reaching for Kevyn Aucoin‘s The Celestial Bronzing Veil, a perfect complement to your everyday makeup routine.
8. Dior‘s Forever Cushion Foundation is a weightless foundation that lasts throughout the day. It gives a matte, luminous finish while also allowing you to build coverage if you’d like.
9. A setting spray to combat summer humidity is key. The Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray keeps makeup intact and fresh from day to night.
10. A tried-and-true beauty essential is Clinique‘s Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm. It helps gently dissolve every bit of makeup, plus sunscreen and any buildup caused by pollution in the air.