Mother’s Day is fast approaching and instead of buying your mom the ubiquitous card and bouquet of flowers, why not give her something truly special to show her that she is in your thoughts? And that your thoughts are stylish and smart.
Whether mom is a foodie, a fashionista or a homebody, we’ve rounded up eight great Houston ideas to show the superwoman in your life how much you care.
1. Available in several scents including rose des vents, apogée, matiére noire, turbulences, dans la peau, contre moi, and mille feux, this Louis Vuitton travel set is a perfect last minute gift idea. $240
2. Lauren B. Beauty partners with Houston’s first non-toxic nail salon Paloma for a nail kit of epic proportions. The chic set — which includes five polishes and Lauren B.’s beloved nail polish remover — not only provides a beautiful gift for mom, but a portion of the proceeds also benefit Houston’s Yellowstone Academy, which provides economically disadvantaged students with high quality education. The set is available at Paloma (1700 Post Oak Boulevard) through Mother’s Day.
3. Downtown Houston neophyte, Brasserie du Parc, is serving up a lavish three-course brunch for Mother’s Day. Menu items include deviled eggs with crab, spring vegetable risotto, and crepes with caramelized apples. $46 per person; Brasserie du Parc, 1440 Lamar St; reservations, 832.879.2802.
4. Why not give the gift of relaxation? If you’re going to gift a spa day, make sure it is a memorable one. The first Houston location of the Austin-beloved Milk + Honey Spa certainly qualifies. This is a 8,249-square-foot organic sanctuary in the heart of West Ave. Mother’s Day packages starting at $175; Milk + Honey Spa, 2800 Kirby Dr. #134; reservations 713. 231.0250.
5. This Oscar de la Renta antiqued silvertone cuff is the perfect mixture of simplicity and elegance. $335
6. Summer is upon us and these gradiant blue-pink Louis Vuitton pilot-shaped sun glasses dubbed, The Party, are the perfect gift for all the stylish moms out there. Other colors include gradient brown, silver, gold, and gradient black red. $665
7. Enjoy a sumptuous garden escape at Brenner’s on the Bayou Mother’s Day brunch. The la carte includes $6 mimosas and $8 Bloody Marys with starters, including New Orleans-style beignets, fluffy cinnamon rolls, and cognac-kissed lobster bisque. Brenner’s on the Bayou, 1 Birdsall Street; reservations, 713.868.4444.
8. Lighten up mom’s world, or just her bedroom with these Diptyque scented candles. Available at Nordstrom; starting at $34.