Armando and Cinda Palacios in Round Top (Photo Jenny Antill Clifton)
Armando and Cinda Palacios (Photo Jenny Antill Clifton)
Thrilling news in Round Top: Armando and Cinda Palacios, proprietors of River Oaks commissary Armandos, open Manditos in Round Top in the former Los Patrones site near the town square. Fresh margaritas and Armandos’ fare is forthcoming late January.
The couple also takes over the short-lived Bistro Napoletana space, better known as the original Stone Cellar before it moved away from town center, which will re-open as Lulus in early March, serving pasta, paninis, pizza, great wines. Armando and Cinda also recently opened Bad Hombres in Rummel Square in an 1832 fort, stocking vintage motorcycle jackets a la Steve McQueen, with an adjacent lifestyle shop with rare and vintage modern furnishings and home accessories.
Rummel Square was developed by Mark Massey (who also developed The Compound, Henkel Square). With the foresight and taste level of the Palacios powerhouse and mighty Massey, Round Top will finally have great food and drink.