4210 Whitman Street, designed by 2scale architects, will be featured on the AIA Home Tour
420 Oak Lane, designed by Dillon Kyle Architects, will be featured on the AIA Home Tour
702 East 13th Street, designed by, by McIntyre Robinowitz Architects, featured on the AIA Home Tour
721 Redan Street, designed by m + a architecture studio, will be featured on the AIA Home Tour
5007 S. Braeswood Boulevard, designed by studioMET, will be featured on the AIA Home Tour
The Houston chapter of the American Institute of Architects has revealed the 10 stunning homes that represent the finest in new residential architecture, as selected by an expert jury. Each home will be featured on the 2017 AIA Houston Home Tour on Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22, from noon to 6 pm.
Kiza Forgie, of m + a architecture studio, serves as this year’s chair. The self-guided tour is open to the public, and usually attracts around 3,000 architecture-enthusiasts.
Each residence, designed by an AIA architect, is located in the Houston metropolitan area ranging from Montrose to Meyerland and the Heights to Memorial, and has been completed within the last five years. The architect judges used the following criteria: design excellence, quality and craftsmanship, innovative design solutions and use of materials, and sustainability of design. The 10 homes and respective architects are:
- 4210 Whitman Street by 2scale architects
- 1501 Laird Street by Brett Zamore Design
- 1700 Haver Street by Collaborative Designworks
- 1427 Waverly Street by CONTENT Architecture
- 2411 Swift Boulevard by Cusimano Architect
- 420 Oak Lane by Dillon Kyle Architects
- 721 Redan Street by m + a architecture studio
- 702 East 13th Street by McIntyre Robinowitz Architects
- 5280 Caroline Street by Munoz + Albin Architecture & Planning
- 5007 S. Braeswood Boulevard by studioMET
Full tour tickets may be purchased in advance online for $25 here prior to October 18. Thereafter, tickets may be purchased at the participating homes, full tour tickets for $35, single home tickets available for $10. Bike riders receive a $5 discount on full tour tickets.