- prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes
- serves 4
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup carnaroli rice (Acquerello brand is best)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken stock in a pot and bring it to a simmer.
2. In a separate heavy-bottom pan, put 2 tablespoons of butter and onions. Cook the onions over medium heat until they become translucent.
3. Next add the minced garlic to the onions and cook until fragrant.
4. Next add the rice and briefly cook it over medium heat. This will toast the rice.
5. Add stock 1 cup at a time and stir the rice until the stock is absorbed.
6. Season lightly with salt and ground pepper
7. When stock is absorbed, add another cup of chicken stock.
8. Repeat the process until the rice is tender.
9. To finish risotto, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and grated parmesan.
10. Stir in the butter and take parmesan off the heat and adjust the consistency of the risotto with chicken stock.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.