- 15 to 20 minutes
- Serves 2
A Fare Extraordinaire’s chili-rubbed shrimp is a versatile addition for many summer dishes. Throw the shrimp on a southwest salad, pop them in a tortilla with slaw, or serve some over quinoa with grilled veggies. The chili rub pairs well with our recommended cocktail, a strawberry basil jalapeño refresher, that can be spiked with your pick of poison. If you want to save your time and keep your kitchen clean, order these items and more at afehouston.com/order. We have fresh and frozen options, composed meals, and party packs, plus lots of libations, all available for pickup or delivery.” – A Fare Extraordinaire
- 2 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne (adjust for preferred spice)
- 1 to 3.5 oz packet of achiote paste (found at Fiesta or H-E-B)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 peeled jumbo shrimp
- 2 soaked skewers (optional)
- Make the chili rub by combining 2 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a 1–3.5 oz packet of achiote paste in a mixing bowl or blender. Add 1 cup of olive oil and stir all ingredients until just mixed. Blend with an immersion blender or traditional blender until all dry ingredients are fully combined with the olive oil.
- Slather the paste mixture on the jumbo shrimp. If you’d like to have your shrimp on skewers, add about 5–6 shrimp per soaked skewer.
- On an oiled grill or non-stick pan, cook the shrimp for about 3–4 minutes each side until just cooked.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.