- 30 minutes
- Makes 8 Coffee Cups
State Fare Kitchen & Bar is about as Texan as it gets. The local eatery features over 70 menu items with favorites that include “Texas Red” Beef Chili, Crawfish & Creole Benedict, Dill Pickle Dip with house made BBQ chips, and (of course) this Coffee Cup Cornbread.
State Fare’s Coffee Cup Cornbread is a seriously delicious side dish that will easily complement any of your favorite at-home meals. The combination of the salt and sugar help to create a well balanced and deeply satisfying flavor, while the rich buttermilk and creamy butter ensure your cornbread stays rich and moist. Add in some pimentos, and you’ve got yourself a cornbread dream.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 5 cups cornmeal
- 3.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 7.5 Tbsp baking powder
- 2.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.25 tsp kosher salt
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7.5 cups buttermilk
- 1 can pimento (canned), diced
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease coffee cups with butter.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients (eggs, buttermilk, butter) and mix.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and fold together with diced pimentos, making sure there are no dry spots (the batter should still be lumpy). Pour batter into cups.
- Bake at 300°F for 30 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.