- 5 minutes
- Serves 1
The Highland Park Swizzle is our rendition of Bermuda’s national drink, the Swizzle cocktail. A cousin of the Mojito, swizzles are approachable and refreshing, while maintaining an authentic Caribbean flavor. The drink pairs wonderfully with anything spicy, be it traditional Caribbean jerk spices, or southwestern chilis. Additionally, the tangy flavor profile, crushed ice, and mint make the drink a perfect accompaniment to a sweltering Dallas afternoon.” – Eric Spratley, The Pool Club
- 2 oz Rhum Agricole (Rhum JM or Clement preferred)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 7 to 10 dashes Angostura bitters
- ~2 oz Topo Chico (depends on glass size)
- Combine the rhum, lime, and simple syrup in a shaker tin with ice cubes. Shake vigorously.
- Strain the contents into a glass filled with crushed ice and top with Topo Chico until the glass is filled.
- Add a small amount of crushed ice to the now full glass to create a snowcone dome effect. Cover the domed ice with 7-10 dashes of Angostura bitters. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Note from the Chef: Stirring the drink is not recommended, as the flavor of the drink evolves.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.