Pollo Encamisado at America's & Churrascos. Plantain crusted chicken over spicy smoked black bean sauce, seared panela cheese, roasted tomato & crema nica.
Michael and David Cordúa's signature Tres Leches at America's & Churrascos.
Prime rib special at Killen's Barbecue. Photo courtesy Kimberly Park.
Chicken Paillard at TABLE on Post Oak. Leafy greens, croutons, poached egg, walnuts, chicken jus dressing.
House dry-aged steaks from Hubbell & Hudson Bistro
Filet Medallions & Eggs Benedict at Peli Peli. Center Cut Filet Medallions on Bed of Spinach; Eggs Benedict served with choice of Huguenot, Peppercorn, Garlic Butter or Chakalaka Sauce.
BBQ Pork Ribs with MKT Potato Salad at MKT Bar in Phoenicia Specialty Foods.
Beignets with honey at Urban Eats Bistro + Bar + Market.
Beef Tongue Benedict at Hubbell & Hudson Bistro. Eggs Benedict, Braised Beef Tongue, Collard Greens, Two Poached Eggs, Bordelaise & Truffle Hollandaise.
Cioppino at Tony Mandola's. Dungeness crab, mussels, shrimp, fish, scallops, peppers, and potatoes in a rich broth.
16 oz. Hereford 1881 NY Strip Steak with spinach & mashed potatoes at Laurenzo's
Pork chops at Radio Milano. One of the protein options on their special Father's Day brunch menu.
Hong Kong style french toast at Max's Wine Dive. Crème brûlée battered French toast stuffed with bananas and Nutella in a buttermilk batter, fried and topped with a honey-blueberry marmalade.
Rack of Lamb with mixed berry chutney at Kirans. Photo courtesy Deb Small.
Ouefs Bénedicté à la Poitrine de Porc at Etoile Cuisine Et Bar.
Macallan Scotch Whiskey at Reserve 101.
•AMERICA’S: Enjoy a Latin-inspired brunch ($50) at award-winning America’s. Dad can choose from 50 delicious options in the buffet, including pork carnitas, pollo encamisado and the Cordúas‘ signature tres leches dessert, along with meat-carving and build-your-own omelette and crêpe stations. Sunday, starting at 9 am.
River Oaks: 2040 W. Gray, Houston, TX 77019
The Woodlands: 21 Waterway Ave., The Woodlands, TX 77380
•ANEJO: Celebrate Father’s Day at Añejo with a 1942-themed Father’s Day fiesta — an ode to fine steaks and premium tequilas. Treat dad to special tequila-infused steaks and a 1942 Don Julio Margarita on the rocks for $19.42. Sunday, 4 – 10 pm.
1180-1 Uptown Park Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
•BACKSTREET CAFE: Chef Hugo Ortega will produce a special three-course menu ($48 adults/$15 per child) for Father’s Day. Choose from an array of appetizers (yellow tomato and corn vichyssoise, Gulf Coast beignets, heirloom tomato salad, lump crab cakes or duck spring rolls), entrees ( Texas-style steak and eggs, summer orzo salad, soft-shell crab Benedict, seared scallops, Berkshire bacon chop or pistachio rainbow trout) and desserts ( butterscotch bread pudding, chocolate cherry clafoutis, old-school coconut cream pie or peach shortcake with buttermilk ice cream). Sway to the sounds of live jazz by Bob Chadwick while indulging in Backstreet Cafe‘s award-winning wine list and full bar. Sunday, 10 am – 3 pm .
1103 S. Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX 77019
BRENNAN’S OF HOUSTON: Celebrate Father’s Day at Brennan’s of Houston with brunch and dinner specials. Executive chef Danny Trace will deliver a signature Creole-style three-course prix-fix meal for brunch ($56), followed by an à la carte dinner service ($29 – $39). Brunch will include Breaux Bridge crawfish migas, Rocky Mountain lamb and egg, and Texas blueberry pain perdu, while dinner will feature Cooper Farm peach salad, fried green tomatoes, black hickory-smoked beef rib and cherry glazed-Hill Country quail. Brennan’s will also offer an exclusive cocktail during both meals: the Basil Hayden Spritzer ($10), made with John Taylor Velvet Falernum, fresh orange juice and a splash of soda. Sunday, 10 am – 2 pm brunch, 5:45 – 9:45 pm dinner.
3300 Smith St., Houston, TX 77006
• CARACOL: Caracol’s brunch buffet ($45 adults/ $15 per child) will overflow with a variety of antojitos, from the comal, marinated vegetable salads, chicharrones stews, enchiladas (fish or shrimp), seafood-stuffed poblanos, empanadas and rotating egg dishes including chilaquiles with eggs, migas, huevos a la Mexicana, tostadas de chorizo con huevo, chile rellenos con huevo, chorizo y papas, cocteles and ceviches. Complement your meal with fresh-squeezed juice, a brunch cocktail, Mexican coffee or hot chocolate, then finish it off with traditional Mexican fresh baked breads, cookies, candies and pastries. Sunday, 10 am – 2:30 pm
2200 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
• CHURRASCOS: Another product of the Cordúa family, Churrascos will offer a brunch buffet ($40) similar to the one at sister restaurant America’s. Fifty brunch options will showcase Churrascos’ signature South American flavor. Sunday, starting at 9 am.
River Oaks: 2055 Westheimer at Shepherd, Houston, Texas 77098
Sugarland: 1520 Lake Pointe Parkway, Sugar Land, Texas 77478
Memorial City: 947 N. Gessner, Houston, Texas 77024
West Chase: 9705 Westheimer at Gessner, Houston, Texas 77042
Champions: 7877 Willow Chase Blvd., Houston, Texas 77070
• CRU: This Father’s Day at Cru, Dad has two options: a manly three-course brunch ($30) or a four-course wine dinner ($65) featuring Chateau Montelena. Brunch dishes include watermelon and arugula salad, goat cheese beignets, chicken and fig flatbread, short rib hash and bananas Foster French toast for brunch. For dinner, expect crispy soft-shell crab, baby iceberg wedge salad with pancetta, toasted walnuts and blue cheese vinaigrette, salt-encrusted New York strip steak served with warm fingerling potato salad, garlicky spinach and housemade steak sauce, and pineapple upside down cake paired with various lush wines. Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm brunch, 6 – 9:30 pm dinner.
West Ave: 2800 Kirby Dr., Houston, TX 77098
The Woodlands: 9595 Six Pines Dr., The Woodlands, TX 77380
• ÉTOILE CUISINE ET BAR: Feeling French? Head toÉtoile, where master chef of France Philippe Verpiand will prepare a special prix-fixe menu. Appetizers include soupe glacée de petits pois and copeaux de Serrano (English pea soup with Serrano ham). Entree choices include poitrine veau braisée (braised veal stuffed brisket, polenta, spring vegetables, au jus), côte de boeuf Béarnaise (bone-in ribeye, potato gratin, haricots certs, Béarnaise sauce) and ouefs Bénedicté à la poitrine de porc (eggs Benedict with crispy pork belly, spinach and breakfast potatoes). For dessert, indulge in profiteroles à la glace caramel (profiteroles with caramel ice cream and chocolate sauce). Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm.
1101-11 Uptown Park Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
• HARWOOD GRILL: Treat Dad to beef with chef Bianco‘s prix fix menu ($45) of mixed summer greens, cast-iron rib eye and delectable sourdough bread pudding. And, don’t forget Harwood’s half-price premium single-malt scotch; beef and scotch make for an unforgettable Father’s Day. Sunday, 11 am – 5 pm.
2300 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77098
• HUBBELL & HUDSON BISTRO: Head to the newly renovated Hubbell & Hudson Bistro for a destination dining experience this Father’s Day. Executive chef Austin Simmons‘ special batch of house dry-aged steaks are ready just in time for this celebratory occasion.
24 Waterway Ave. at Lake Robbins Dr., The Woodlands, TX 77380
• HUGO’S: Get your authentic Mexican cuisine fix with the Father’s Day brunch at Hugo’s. Enjoy an abundant buffet, then get the party started with margaritas shaken tableside. Afterwards, the entire family can enjoy live music by Viento. Sunday, 10 am – 2:30 pm.
1600 Westheimer Houston, TX 77006
• KILLEN’S BARBECUE: Want a great meal for a steal? Head to Killen’s, where Dad can devour a 16-ounce prime rib, horseradish mashed potatoes and green beans for just $20.
3613 E. Broadway, Pearland, TX 77581
• KIRAN’S: Experience an array of Indian flavors at Kiran’s three-course Father’s Day brunch ($55 adults/$25 per child). Flavorful dishes on the special menu include slow-cooked lamb shank, chicken Saag, tandoor salmon with mixed berry chutney, saffron rice Pulao and Kalonji naan, plus desserts including Kheer, Gajar Halwa, and Grand Mariner and pistachio chocolate mousse. Sunday, 10 am – 2 pm.
4100 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77027
• LAURENZO’S: Nothing says Happy Father’s Day quite like a succulent New York strip. Owner and executive chef Dominic Laurenzo will offer a 16-ounce Hereford 1881 New York strip steak with two sides for $40; the regular menu will also be available.
4412 Washington Ave., Houston, TX 77007
• MASCALZONE: In addition to the regular menu, Italian eatery Mascalzone will serve grilled dried porcini-rubbed rib eye with oven-roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes this Father’s Day.
Shepherd: 1500 Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX 77007
West Houston: 12126 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77077
• MAX’S WINE DIVE: Look specials at both of Max’s Wine Dive locations. The Fairview location will showcase a lamb Benedict, which is made with lightly toasted French bread, lamb ragu, mint hollandaise and arugula salad, served with a 24-ounce PBR can ($17). At dinner, Dad can enjoy the lamb ragu sammy made with toasted french bread, homemade ricotta with mint and lamb ragu served with jumbo onion rings and a 24-ounce PBR can ($23). The Washington location will feature seasonal specials such as snapper ceviche, made with radishes, red pepper, cilantro, tomato and lime juice, served with waffle chips ($22); a 22-ounce cowboy rib eye served with truffle risotto, chicken-fried cauliflower and a cherry demi-glaze ($46); and a PB&J cheescake served with fresh fruit ($11). Max’s regular brunch menu will also be available at both locations.
Fairview: 214 Fairview St., Houston, TX 77006; 10 am – 3 pm brunch, 4 pm – midnight dinner
Washington: 4720 Washington Ave., Houston, TX 77007; 10 am – 4 pm brunch, 5 pm – midnight dinner
• MOCKINGBIRD BISTRO WINE BAR: Treat Dad to a delicious three-course menu at Mockingbird Bistro Wine Bar ($59 adult/ $29 child). Choose from a variety of starters (truffle cauliflower soufflé, Key West royal red shrimp gumbo, risotto carbonara, M Bistro Caesar salad), entrees (omelet Florentine, steak and eggs, ruby-red trout, Scottish salmon, grilled prime rib eye, lamb tenderloin, American Kobe beef burger) and desserts (cool flourless chocolate cake, classic crème brûlée, M Bistro apple bread pudding, lemon tart). Pair your meal with one of Mockingbird’s delicious cocktails or a bottle of wine. Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm
1985 Welch at McDuffie, Houston, TX 77019
• PHOENICIA MKT BAR: For a more casual setting, try MKT Bar at Phoenicia Specialty Foods. Father’s Day specials will include include fajita pizza (with grilled flank steak, peppers, onions, cheese and pico de gallo) and pulled pork waffles for brunch, as well as watermelon and feta salad, barbecue pork ribs with MKT potato salad and California cream cake for dinner. Brunch specials will be available Saturday and Sunday, while dinner specials can be ordered Friday through Sunday.
1001 Austin St., Houston, TX 77010
• PELI PELI: Go for South African flair this Father’s Day at Peli Peli. If your dad is a meat lover, he’s sure to dig their special menu featuring a variety of their best steaks, as well as chicken and seafood dishes. Choose from dishes like South African Samosas, Kitka French Toast, Pork Ribeye & Eggs and Peli Peli Surf & Turf. Sunday, 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
Galleria: 5085 Westheimer Rd Ste B2515, Houston, Texas 77056
Vintage Park: 110 Vintage Park Blvd., Suite P, Houston, Texas 77070
• QUATTRO AT THE FOUR SEASONS: You can’t go wrong choosing one of Houston’s top hotels for Father’s Day. Chef Maurizio Ferrarese will expand his award-winning Sunday brunch to include a selection of over 50 items and will feature traditional breakfast favorites, fresh housemade pastas, fresh hot entrees and salads, and a full dessert buffet. If that’s not enough, Quattro will also offer carving stations with roasted meats as well as lighter dishes. And Quattro is keeping it kid-friendly with a special kids buffet that will feature chicken fingers, pizza, chocolate milk and more. The price of brunch ($65 adults/ $32 per child) will include mimosas & bloody mary’s for those 21 and over. Sunday, 11 am – 2:30 pm
1300 Lamar St, Houston, TX 77010
• RADIO MILANO: Enjoy a grilled Father’s Day feast at Radio Milano. For $60, Dad can choose from a cooked-to-order protein (16-ounce prime rib eye, double pork chop, pork ribs, 1.5-pound lobster, whole snapper, whole Branzino, jumbo shrimp plate or rack of lamb) paired with a lavish buffet with a multitude of gourmet sauces (Chimichurri, bone marrow, Barolo) and sides (grilled vegetables, corn, grilled onions, French fries, green beans, baked potato, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts), plus egg and waffle stations and a salad bar.
800 Sorella Court, Houston, TX 77024
• RESERVE 101: Forgo food for scotch at a special Macallan Scotch Tasting at Reserve 101 ($50). The event will include four different types of the single-malt scotch from Moray, Scotland — 12 Year, 15 Year Fine Oak,18 Year and Rare Cask. Book your seat here. Sunday, 5 pm
1201 Caroline St., Houston, TX 77002
• SYLIVIA’S ENCHILADA KITCHEN: The whole family can share mixed grill platters at Sylvia’s this Father’s Day. For just $25 per person, the special platters will include beef fajitas, grilled shrimp and quail, and cabrito, served with rice, beans and guacamole. Still hungry? There will also be a 50-foot-long buffet brunch withmade-to-order pancakes, omelets, salads, street tacos, signature enchiladas, sides and desserts ($20 per person). Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm
Westheimer: 12637 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77077
Woodway: 6401 Woodway, Houston, TX 77057
Eldridge: 1140 Eldridge Pkwy., Houston, TX 77077
• TABLE ON POST OAK: The special Father’s Day brunch menu here will feature everything from delicious pastries for sharing to house-made granola, brioche French toast, crab cakes eggs Benedict and croque madame. Kids can choose from a special menu that includes pancakes, berries and syrup, tomato and cheese flatbread, and scrambled eggs with bacon. Sunday, 10 am – 3 pm
1800 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
• THE TASTING ROOM: It’s all-day Father’s Day happy hour, 11 am to 11 pm, at The Tasting Room’s Uptown Park location. Brunch and dinner specials include the Dad “Bod” omelette (with sausage, bacon, ham and cheddar cheese, served with house-made hash browns, $12), fried lobster tail and grits (five-ounce tail, served with goat-cheese grits and a Cajun cream sauce, $23), two eggs Dad’s way (any style, with arugula hash and house-made biscuit, $10), chicken-fried steak and eggs ( hand-battered skirt steak fried and topped with country gravy, served with two eggs your way and house-made hash browns, $21) and crème brûlée-stuffed French toast (brioche bread with fruit cream cheese, served with house-made maple syrup, $10). Head to The Tasting Room’s Kings Harbor location for a gourmet three-course dinner menu the week of Father’s Day (Thursday – Sunday, $35), and enjoy live music Friday and Saturday.
Uptown Park: 1101-18 Uptown Park Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
Kings Harbor: 1660 W. Lake Houston Pkwy., Kingwood, TX 77339
• TONY MANDOLA’S: The Gulf Coast Creole/Italian eatery will host its annual Father’s Day brunch buffet with prime rib, pork loin, oysters and stone crab claws, as well as breakfast and brunch items with a breakfast bar, ice bar, salad bar, soup station, carving station, hot bar and dessert bar. Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm
1212 Waugh Dr., Houston, TX 77019
• URBAN EATS: Give Urban Eats’ new brunch a try this Father’s Day. Barely a month old, the brunch menu packs a flavorful punch, with locally sourced ingredients. The whole family is sure to love the cowboy sliders, beignets with honey, baked goat cheese salad and three-pig mac and cheese. Dine with Dad at the fast casual eatery, the bistro + bar, the patio or the terrace. Afterwards, head to Urban Eats’ specialty market for a little Father’s Day shopping. Sunday, 10 am – 3 pm
3414 Washington Ave., Houston, TX 77007