The media room in this home on River Oaks Boulevard is the modern homeowner's must-have toy.
It's a full-on theater, decorated in royal red, reminiscent of the grand theaters of old.
The River Oaks media room is entered through a game room with bar and mini-kitchen.
1721 River Oaks Boulevard
The living room at 1721 River Oaks Boulevard
Wall sconces and patterned carpet lend note of old world ambience to the Mesquite River Trail residence.
The Mesquite River Trail home is just minutes away from Houston Oaks Country Club.
The Mesquite River Trail home is a grand manse with soaring ceilings and wide open spaces.
The third floor of this Southern mansion houses a sleek media room that opens to a pantry kitchen.
The perfect pantry kitchen for the in-home movie theater.
The Piney Point Village home enjoys a Southern accent.
The Piney Point Village home overlooks a salt water pool.
The living room at 223 Heritage Oaks.
Rich design of the media room in this Tomball home speaks of sophistication.
A heavy drapery closes off the theater from the party bar.
The Hufsmith Kohrville residence is located in Tomball.
A car collector's dream garage, large enough for 10 to 12 vehicles, on Hufsmith Korhville Road.
It will be a big night at the movies in this Tanglewood media room.
5666 Pine Forest in Tanglewood
The family room at 5666 Pine Forest in Tanglewood
The dining room at 5666 Pine Forest in Tanglewood
The 5666 Pine Forest in Tanglewood kitchen
True luxury comes in many forms be it a sable coat, a Bentley convertible or a collection of vacation homes. It’s a matter of taste. Consider, for example, the in-home movie theater. Admittedly, a personal screening room might not be at the top of every millionaire’s must-have list, but for some a house without a theater just isn’t a home.
For those seeking a residence with a state of the art media room, we present five on-the-market homes that offer the ultimate in luxury including a mini movie house. Whether your architectural tastes run to Southern plantation, to sprawling Mediterranean, or even lakefront luxury, we’ve found houses with media rooms that could please even your inner Steven Spielberg.
All you need to add are the cashmere blankets and popcorn.
* On the poshest street in town, 1721 River Oaks Boulevard. Red velvet speaks glamour and this screening room with true theater seating has it all including the hand-painted mural on the back wall. As with many media rooms, this house connects to a snazzy game room complete with a bar and small kitchen.
The count: six bedrooms, 10 full and five partial baths, 16,931 square feet, priced at $10,950,000.
* A Tanglewood beauty, 5666 Pine Forest. The leather upholstered seating lends an iPic feel to this contemporary in-home theater which has the bar, complete with bar seating, inside the theater. And much like iPic the drinkies are only a step away.
The count: five bedrooms, four full and two half baths, 6, 373 square feet, priced at $2,175,000.
* A chic ranchette in Hockley, Texas, 24702 Mesquite River Trail. There’s an old world feel to this theater that is tucked away in a rambling mansion that is just minutes from Houston Oaks Country Club. Bonus amenities: equestrian facilities, stocked lakes and manicured horseback riding trails.
The count: seven bedrooms, eight full baths, 8,081 square feet, priced at $2,785,000.
* A resort-style gated home on 64 acres in Tomball, Texas, 19055 Hufsmith Kohrville Road. This swank theater is just one of many grand corners of the house that is large enough to host a small convention. In fact, realtor, Walter Bering, suggests it as the perfect landing for a company retreat.
The property includes a guest house, horse stables, riding arena, a covered sport court for tennis and basketball, a large swimming pool, a separate lap pool, a climate controlled 10 to 12 space car collector’s garage and two lakes.
The count: five bedrooms, six full and two partial baths, 23,502 square feet, priced at $11,995,000.
* A Southern colonial in Piney Point Village, 223 Heritage Oaks Lane. Full width verandas grace both the front and back of the gracious dwelling that boasts a media room complete with leather chairs with built-in cupholders. As with many home theaters, the one opens to a pantry kitchen, keeping snacks and sodas or heavier libations within close reach.
The count: five bedrooms, five full and four partial baths, $10,204 square feet, priced at $2,995,000.
Scroll through the photo slider at the top of this story for more views of these multi-million dollar mansions. All properties are listed with Martha Turner Sotheby’s International Realty.