- 1 hour
- Serves 4 to 6
Central Market’s recipe for Apple & Acorn Squash with Gremolata is the perfect autumnal bake to pop in the oven this Thanksgiving season. While the acorn squash and apples star as the main actors, a cast of warm herbs and spices bring with them a wealth of rich flavors to make this dish your new fall favorite.
- 2 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/2" rings
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1/2" wedges
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples, cut lengthwise into 1/2" wedges
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinammon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garden fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 450℉.
- Add squash, fennel, and apples to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil on the mixture, then sprinkle on the spices. Lightly toss with your hands until the mixture is coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a heavy large-rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until apples and acorn squash are tender and lightly browned, about 40 minutes, turning once mid-roast.
- While the mixture is roasting, combine freshly-chopped herbs, spices, olive oil, and almonds in a small bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Once roasted, move items from the pan into a serving bowl. Top with fresh gremolata and serve.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.