- 40 to 50 minutes
Houston-based Honest Eats, offers healthy and delicious Paleo, Ketogenic and Plant Based prepared meals. Each meal is thoughtfully prepared, locally sourced, made with organic ingredients and 100% gluten free with zero processed sugar and no chemical preservatives.
Honest Eats will open their first brick & mortar in M-K-T Heights in early 2022 featuring a bone broth bar, a dessert case with gluten-free, ketogenic and vegan offerings, and a refrigerated selection of our ready-to-eat Paleo, Ketogenic and Plant Based meals. Until the opening of their brick & mortar, Honest Eats prepared meal plans and a la carte offerings can be ordered online at https://honesteatshtx.com/ for pick-up and delivery!
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate wafers
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons extra brute cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- Melt chocolate wafers and coconut oil over a double boiler until just melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Whisk egg, blackstrap molasses and vanilla separately in a small bowl and slowly add to chocolate and coconut oil mixture.
- Whisk in dry ingredients to form a smooth chocolate batter.
- Pour batter in an 8 x 8 parchment lined dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes. Uncover and rotate, checking for doneness to your preference of texture. For fudgy brownies, bake an additional 7 -10 minutes until edges are crisp and center is still soft. For cake like brownies, cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the tops are brown and crackly.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.