- 15 minutes
- Serves 4
During COVID, we were cooking at home almost every night. As a working mom, I am always looking for quick, easy and healthy recipes for the Phamily. This recipe became one of my favorite dinners to prepare in less than 15 minutes! It’s savory and sweet and best of all, it’s made in one cast iron skillet (less clean up!) with ingredients you probably have at home. Serve this delicious salmon over rice or with a salad.” – Jenn & Terry Pham, Fat Straws Bubble Tea Co.
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (about 0.5 lb each), skin off or on
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (plus extra to serve)
- green onion and sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to a broil setting on medium heat.
- Pat dry the salmon. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the honey, water, and soy sauce. Allow the flavors to heat through and combine.
- Add in the lemon juice. Stir well to combine all of the flavors together.
- Add the salmon to the sauce in the pan. Cook each fillet for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan sauce.
- Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil for about 4-5 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped green onion and drizzle with the pan sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.