- 20 minutes
- Yields 12 biscuits
Craft Burger is the creation of Shannen Tune, former star and winner of Chopped. Located in downtown’s beautiful Finn Hall, Tune’s popular burger joint dishes out some serious burgers – from the untouchable classics to those crazy indulgences that turn the ordinary burger on its head. Whip up these savory and melt-in-your-mouth buttermilk biscuits for breakfast, lunch, dinner … or really any time of day, when you’re looking for that ultra-comforting, down-home bake.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 sticks butter, salted
- 2 cups buttermilk (save 2oz to brush on top)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- Sift flour and dry ingredients.
- Cut butter into 1-inch squares and work into flour.
- Pour in half of buttermilk, working it into the flour with your hands (flouring your hands will help with any sticking). Slowly add the rest of the buttermilk.
- Once it all comes together and is not too wet, remove from bowl and put onto floured cutting board or table. Smooth the dough with your hands and work it until it’s about 1/2-inch high.
- Cut the dough with a cutter, being careful not to twist the cutter. Just press straight down.
- Bake biscuits in a caste iron skillet or pan that has been greased at 375℉ for 15 minutes.
- After biscuits have baked, pull out of oven and brush with melted butter while still hot.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.