- 10 to 12 minutes
- Makes 14 wraps
I have to give credit where it’s due: my wife’s uncle, Kirk, introduced me to this delicious snack. It is my favorite thing to make when I take a ‘real’ day off (which is rare). Best enjoyed when you prep with good company and a cold beer. It is easy to make, easy to eat, and it’s the perfect appetizer to if you’re grilling out by a pool. You can add or take away anything from it. That’s why this is the perfect summer appetizer for groups. Pro Tip: get the can of pickled jalapeños that has carrots in it as well. They are awesome to snack on while you prep the wraps.”
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened and cut into seven slices each
- 1 can sliced, pickled jalapeños
- 7 slices bacon, cut in half
- Flatten chicken breasts with meat pounder and slice into 7 pieces.
- Season chicken with preferred spices (Mandell recommends poultry seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper).
- Place a slice of jalapeño on the chicken and wrap it with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill until bacon is brown and crispy on both sides and chicken is cooked all the way through.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.