- 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Makes 4 cups
Fall has settled into Texas, bringing with it a wave of cool, crisp air – so put down that ice cold refresher and pick up this recipe for Central Market’s easy to make (and easier to drink) Mulled Wine in Slow Cooker.
Made with seasonal spices, sweet honey, spicy ginger, and fresh citrus, this warmed red wine drink is the perfect remedy for making it through the cold months ahead. Serve at holiday gatherings to keep things festive, or as a soothing nightcap to help ease you to sleep.
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorn
- 2 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Navel orange, 3 large strips
- 1 fresh lemon, 3 large strips
- 2 bottles red wine, 750 ml each
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1-inch piece ginger, sliced
- Pour the wine and the honey into a slow cooker and stir.
- Place the allspice berries, peppercorns, and star anise in a cheesecloth, tied with kitchen twine. Add packet, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and citrus zest to the slow cooker.
- Warm on low for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Ladle wine into mugs, and keep the rest in the slow cooker on warm.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.