Who doesn’t love chips and salsa? This recipe kicks things up a notch and pairs dangerously well with the TX Yippie-Ki-Yay.
- 5 Tomatoes
- 2 Jalapeños
- 1/4 cup Red onion
- 4 Garlic gloves
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your smoker at 225-250 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into quartered wedges.
- Slice jalapenos in half and remove seeds and ribs (the more of the rib that is removed, the milder the heat will be).
- Cut the bottom off a head of garlic.
- Place tomatoes, jalapenos, red onion and garlic head on smoker for 1.5 hours.
- Remove all veggies from smoker.
- Remove 4 cloves of garlic from the head.
- Toss all ingredients into a food processor/blender.
- Add in lime juice and salt to taste.
- Pulsate ingredients to the preferred consistency.
- Serve warm or put it in the refrigerator to chill.
Interested in submitting a recipe? Email Us.